Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen HP - 15-dc0025nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP Community, 

I purchased this HP OMEN gaming laptop last November, its the 15inch screen edition. It's been working really well and I have yet to encounter any major limitations when it comes to gaming. 

However, about a week ago, the PC started emitting a high pitch whistle kind of sound from the left side of the laptop. The sound increases when I game and when I enable the Performance plan from the Omen Command Center. 

I've gone through some forums have made sure my Drivers are all up to date, and I recently updated my BIOS (as it was recommended in one of the responses). Nothing has changed and while its not affecting the performances it is quite annoying. 

Does anyone know if this could be something related to dust being trapped ? Is it the pc signalling overheating or something of the sort ? 

Any advice or help is very much appreciated 🙂 

Many thanks in advance ! 

YodelingTom

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Tom.

You say this happened about a week ago?

See if your system has Restore Points enabled. If they are, see if you can revert the operating system back to a point previous to when the issue occurred.

System Restore Points (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Customer Support

If you can and it stops, its a software issue.

If you can but the issue remains, its most likely a hardware issue and you would have to contact HP Support for a warranty issue. I assume you are still under warranty?

HP Recommended

Hi there ! Thanks for the swift reply. 

I'll give this a try and see what happens 🙂 

Would the warranty still kick in even though, from my what I see and feel, the pc is still working just fine ?

I only have the very basic kind... 

HP Recommended

A hardware issue will be covered under the basic warranty. Just dont wait till your warranty is out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.