Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. im writing because my laptop is overheating. can i send it to hp to clean up ? i have all papers and active gwarantion, sorry for my bad English im begginer :),  when i play and download game  i have 97 degrees . i have lapop 7 months, thx for help .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You could but did this only start happening recently, or was it like this the whole time you owned it?

Also, what is the full Product number of the Omen?

Press Ctrl/Alt/S for the info window to pop up and tell me what that number is.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You could but did this only start happening recently, or was it like this the whole time you owned it?

Also, what is the full Product number of the Omen?

Press Ctrl/Alt/S for the info window to pop up and tell me what that number is.

HP Recommended

Sorry, i buyed cooling pad before laptop starts overheat,  because when laptop just in table is hot too..

HP Recommended

I would encourage you to go back and edit your serial number out of your post as per HP's terms and Services.

So you've had it 10 months now and the over heating started 2 months ago. Do you know what your temps were prior to this happening?  I can offer some possibilities to look into.

• What version of Windows 10 are you running? If 20H1 or H2, the update might be causing the issue. Its happened before. You only have 30 days to revert back to the prior version without having to manually reinstall and older version the OS again.
  • Have you installed anything at that time that could be running in the background eating up resources?  Open the Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and highlight the CPU column so the highest percentages show at top. Look for a service that would be using a high amount of CPU. This would cause a hefty workload on the CPU and cause overheating sometimes. You can disable that service and see if it helps. Sometimes an update to a multi-virus sweet can do this also if you installed one.
  • Is it any game or only a particular game? Game updates might be the problem
  • Make sure your vents are not clogged. You can carefully blow some canned air into the vents to knock any debris loose.

If you feel the heat sink needs to be re-pasted, you can contact HP Warranty as discuss your options. You can do it yourself, but if you damage anything in the process, you will void the warranty. NOTE that due to Covid events, service might be slower than usual. Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.