Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My experience of the Omen Command Center is that is the only thing that I can do with it of any use.

I don't have access to to the power settings or anything else of use.

Plus, the fan is on all the time and the turbo is being engaged on the CPU despite the load being less than 10%.

This brand new £1200 laptop is worse than my 7 year old HP Pavilion.

This is a fresh install from the Microsoft App Store

ImageOCC.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @wildswan 

To better assist you, the members will need the exact model number or product number of your laptop???

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

REO

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SERIAL NUMBERS

HP Recommended

My laptop is an Omen 17-an101na.  Brand spanking new.

Noisy as hell.

HP Recommended

And I tried installing the Omen Command Center SDX version.  That just restarted my machine, but didn't install anything.

Why is the version that is in the Microsoft App Store a crippled version.  What use is it?

HP Recommended

@wildswan 

See if this helps???

HOW TO CUSTOMIZE THE LIGHTING ON OMEN COMPUTERS AND PERIPHERALS:

http://supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/5784371272001/how-to-customize-the-lighting-on-omen-com...

What power settings are you trying to use???

REO

HP Recommended

I don't know why this ended up on the change the lighting setting.  I think it's because I commented on someone else's post which referred to the Omen Command Center.

I am perfectly able to change the colour of the keyboard - although it's not really that red, is it?

The fan problem is top of the list.

It doesn't matter what power setting I use in Windows.  The fan is on.

I have changed the BIOS to passive on the fan rather than 'fan always on', but that does nothing!

Another big question is 'Why is the Omen Command Center on the Windows App site a completely crippled version?  The SDX version (a link to which someone posted on another thread) didn't ressult in an install, just 'computer is restarting'

Overall, the quality of the software and implementation on this HP OMEN laptop, which I would remind you was FAR FROM CHEAP, is crap.

I can't print from it either.  This is obviously a know problem with Windows 8 and 10, but the solutions offered by the HP software don't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.