cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azkorp
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to disable the fonctionalities of the F touches on OMEN ?

HP Recommended
Omen by HP -- Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

This is my first message on the forum and english is not my native language so I'll do as much as I can. 

I have been having an Omen laptop for 1 or 2 years. All this time something triggered me. When I am playing videogames, I often have to use the keys F1, F2, F3 etc. to have access to important functionalities of the game. 

But the problem is that I always have to press ''FN'' and then press F1 or F2 etc, otherwise it just turns up the volume or the luminosity... 

How can I disable the FN functionalities so I can just press F1 and it actually does F1 and not something else ? 

I believe I have to go in the BIOS of the PC but I have no idea how to do it. I tried to press Escape or F10 when putting the power of my PC on, but nothing happened... 

I need help !

Azkorp

1 REPLY 1
Bopanna_IG
Level 1
9 9 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can use the Omen Command Center to assign the function keys

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04492013

Go to - Advanced Keyboard settings where you can change the Function Key defaults.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation