Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
cb0018nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello this question has been issued before but it hasn't been resolved. So I got my new omen 17 with Intel i7 9750h and the Intel gpu is nowhere to be seen neither its drivers nothing. I don't know if this omen laptops don't have the Intel gpu even connected in the motherboard if this is even possible...  If that's the case all owners have to live with that. Help please cause it's a shame to be able to use your laptop's 70wh battery for only 1 to 2 hours thanks to its power hungry nvidia gpu.

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HarisTz   I can tell you with the upmost confidence that its not going to happen. If HP did make machines that use Optimus for the higher end  dedicated GPU's, it would have to be on a future machine.

If you require such a feature, you might as well return it now.

Sorry, just thought I would give you a heads up before wasting any time with emails.

I wish HP would make their manuals show this distinction, it would make life so much easier looking up info.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@HarisTz 

Well, HP does not give that option for all machines which have GTX 1060 and above.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I did some research and it's as you described. The thing is that hp has it disabled from bios...  I didn't know about that and most certainly I wouldn't have bought the machine If I knew. If you can contract hp to release a bios update that it has the igpu enabled I would really appreciate it. If not I will try to contact hp support team and if they cannot provide me with a solution then I'm afraid I will consider returning the laptop as my last option. Thanks again

HP Recommended

@HarisTz   I can tell you with the upmost confidence that its not going to happen. If HP did make machines that use Optimus for the higher end  dedicated GPU's, it would have to be on a future machine.

If you require such a feature, you might as well return it now.

Sorry, just thought I would give you a heads up before wasting any time with emails.

I wish HP would make their manuals show this distinction, it would make life so much easier looking up info.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.