cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
howieh
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

How to enable Intel integrated GPU on HP Omen 15 laptop?

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1088wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to enable the Intel integrated GPU on my CPU (Intel i7 9750H) so that Premiere Pro can use the Quick-Sync hardware acceleration feature.

I got into the BIOS settings on start up, however I couldn't find the option to enable the Intel integrated graphics card? 

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 9,521 1,308 3,940
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does your system have the GTX 1660ti graphics card?

According to the manual, Optimus is no longer supported. So you wont be able to use the integrated graphics of the CPU.

But to make sure, open the NVIDIA control panel. See if there is an option to select what graphics card can be used.

Under Manage 3D Settings and the Global tab, there might be a drop down list for the GPU used. Take if off Auto-select if its there. IF its not there, you cannot enable the CPU integrated graphics.

Screenshot_2018-10-26 Re Hp omen laptop is lagging.png

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 9,521 1,308 3,940
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@howieh 

Open the HP Support Assistant and tell me what your Product number is.

howieh
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Deleted

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 9,521 1,308 3,940
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is your Serial number, not the Product number. I would delete that if I were you for your security.

howieh
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Phew...

The product number is 7TE28UA#ABA

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 9,521 1,308 3,940
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does your system have the GTX 1660ti graphics card?

According to the manual, Optimus is no longer supported. So you wont be able to use the integrated graphics of the CPU.

But to make sure, open the NVIDIA control panel. See if there is an option to select what graphics card can be used.

Under Manage 3D Settings and the Global tab, there might be a drop down list for the GPU used. Take if off Auto-select if its there. IF its not there, you cannot enable the CPU integrated graphics.

Screenshot_2018-10-26 Re Hp omen laptop is lagging.png

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation