Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1088wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to enable the Intel integrated GPU on my CPU (Intel i7 9750H) so that Premiere Pro can use the Quick-Sync hardware acceleration feature.

I got into the BIOS settings on start up, however I couldn't find the option to enable the Intel integrated graphics card? 

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Does your system have the GTX 1660ti graphics card?

According to the manual, Optimus is no longer supported. So you wont be able to use the integrated graphics of the CPU.

But to make sure, open the NVIDIA control panel. See if there is an option to select what graphics card can be used.

Under Manage 3D Settings and the Global tab, there might be a drop down list for the GPU used. Take if off Auto-select if its there. IF its not there, you cannot enable the CPU integrated graphics.

Screenshot_2018-10-26 Re Hp omen laptop is lagging.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@howieh 

Open the HP Support Assistant and tell me what your Product number is.

HP Recommended

Deleted

HP Recommended

That is your Serial number, not the Product number. I would delete that if I were you for your security.

HP Recommended

Phew...

The product number is 7TE28UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Does your system have the GTX 1660ti graphics card?

According to the manual, Optimus is no longer supported. So you wont be able to use the integrated graphics of the CPU.

But to make sure, open the NVIDIA control panel. See if there is an option to select what graphics card can be used.

Under Manage 3D Settings and the Global tab, there might be a drop down list for the GPU used. Take if off Auto-select if its there. IF its not there, you cannot enable the CPU integrated graphics.

Screenshot_2018-10-26 Re Hp omen laptop is lagging.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.