Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi I wanna know how to limit my Victus 16-e0242AX on charging at 60% bc that is what I do on my Lenovo, because I don't want to have hassle on just plugging and unplugging the adapter of my Laptop (Victus).

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @RiversLovely 

(1) Update BIOS

HP Consumer Notebook PC BIOS Update (88EB/88EC/88ED/88EE/8934)

F.14 Rev.A12.1 MBApr 10, 2022Download

Why ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

The answer to your question:

Best practice is 80%

That's very easy and in "most" cases included in the bios, please check !

BIOS > Advanced > Power Management Options > Battery Health Manager > (choose): Maximize my battery health
or
BIOS > System > Config > Battery Care Function > (choose) [80%]

Maximize my battery health: Use this setting if the computer stays plugged in to the power adapter most of the time. This setting maximizes battery health by lowering the maximum battery charge level to 80%. The ability to store additional charge in a battery becomes less efficient after 80% and can add additional stress to the battery over time.

From time to time you should use your battery, but don't go below 30%.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried to download the download link you gave and it didn't reset my laptop and I can't see any BIOS app on my computer

HP Recommended

Hello @RiversLovely 

@RiversLovely wrote:

Hi, I tried to download the download link you gave and it didn't reset my laptop and I can't see any BIOS app on my computer

Ok, can we please double check again.

Tell me product number (p/n) of your notebook !

You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small alphanumeric letters.

( Please note: It's not allowed to post serial numbers (s/n) in public ! )

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.