Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, using my pc, unexpectedly, I realized that my pc's processor was running much slower than it should, (0.78 GHz) when it was common to run at 2.40 GHz, so I noticed that when I unplugged the charger My pc's AC was working again at its normal speed, then, thanks to the ThrottleStop program, I realized that when connecting the charger, BD prochot was activated both in the CPU and in both GPUs (intel UHD 630) and (Nvdia GTX 1050 ), then I realized that there are some PCs that allow disabling prochot in the BIOS, but it is not my case, by the way, I already changed the power options to their maximum performance, update absolutely all the drivers from the hp page, ALSO the BIOS, so I think it may be a hardware problem, since also, my cpu and gpu do not exceed 40C so I do not see logic that prochot is activated even when starting the pc with the charger connected, please, help. and I'm really sorry for my bad English, this is not my native language.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Vicente4

Thank you for posting back.

To get the answer to this question, it's not possible to disable or turn off the thermal sensor as its system managed. 

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Vicente4

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I understand that your HP notebook is not working correctly, and I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. The last thing I can suggest restoring the computer back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, could you solve it?

HP Recommended

@koke1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent Window or software update?
  • Have you tried above suggested steps? 
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I am using windows 11, I have been with this problem for a long time and I have not been able to solve it.

Searching the web I found the ThrottleStop program that solves the problem halfway, the cpu seems to return to normal, but even so when executing a game it is slow.

I hope you can help me, thank you.

HP Recommended

@koke1

Change the video display settings to match the minimum display requirements for a smooth game.

1. Right-click an open space of the Windows desktop (not on an icon), and then click Display settings.
  2. Change the resolution to match the game’s recommended display settings. Recommended display settings can be found using an online search.
  3. Click OK to accept the change.
  4. If prompted, accept the new settings. The display reverts to the prior settings if the changes are not accepted.
  5. If prompted, select the option to restart the computer, and then try playing the game again.

For more information go to Improving Video Game Performance or FPS (Windows 10).

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have already tried that, and it has not worked, apparently it is a hardware problem,and that is why i wonder if it is possible to desactivate it from the bios, since the bios of my pc does not let me desactivate ''bd prochot''

HP Recommended

@Vicente4

BIOS file needs to be flashed by the service center, I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i already updated the bios, but im really really sure i found the problem, the thermal sensors of my laptop are not working, is there any way to just disable thermal sensors?

HP Recommended

@Vicente4

To get the answer to this question, it's not possible to disable or turn off the thermal sensor as its system managed. 

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.