Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Was is ever resolved ?

I have the same desire (although it is on an HP ENVY) and was wondering if you found a solution.

HP Recommended

sorry to disappoint you folks, but the realtek hd audio manager control panel is hardwired or "hardcoded" by the realtek hd audio drivers themselves, based on the Realtek audio device's hardware ID used on certain HP laptops & desktops (and perhaps using specific INF files to install the realtek audio driver).

Example - I'm using an old HP Pavilion media center M8417C computer with Realtek ALC888S audio chipset (and using Win10 Pro x64) with hardware ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_103C2A6C" and that specific ID is mentioned in the HDACPC.inf or HDACPCOld.inf file (for 32bit Windows) OR HDXCPC.inf or HDXCPCOld.inf file (for 64bit Windows).  Before installing the newest realtek audio drivers, I'd remove those INF files and leaving just either the HDART.inf or HDXRT.inf file to install the drivers from the WIN32 or WIN64 folder of the realtek audio driver package and the ALC888S audio chip on my HP m8417c computer may operate differently than normally installed thru the INF file(s) that mention that specific ID.

Whether I install the realtek audio driver thru HDXRT.INF or HDXCPCOld.INF on the m8417c computer, I will always get the classic Realtek HD Audio Manager control panel interface, no matter what since the computer was made in the late 2000s.

heck take my cousin's old HP Pavilion dv6648se entertainment laptop PC - using ALC268 audio chip with hardware ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0268&SUBSYS_103C30CC" - specifically mentioned in either the HDAHPNB.inf or HDAHPNBOld.inf file (for 32bit Windows) OR HDXHPNB.inf or HDXHPNBOld.inf file (for 64bit Windows).  I could force either Device Manager or rerun the Realtek audio driver setup program to just use the HDART.inf or HDXRT.inf file to setup the audio device instead of the usual INF files that specifically mention that ID for his laptop - and I'll still get the Realtek HD Audio Manager control panel program.  yup, his laptop was made closely around the same time as my Pavilion media center PC.

HP Recommended

Your reply was very VERY helpful.

Thanks a million.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.