Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Gaming - 15ec0049nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this gaming laptop a month ago and I've had this problem several times: When I run a game like Metro Exodus or Dishonored 2 the laptop suddenly goes to sleep. I should say that this problem doesn't happen every time, as I've been able to play these games even for 6 hours when the temperature in the room was 30+ degrees Celsius. On  the other

hand, it went to sleep after only 2 minutes of playing Dishonored 2 (just turned on the laptop, and ran the game for 2 minutes).

My drivers are all up to date, my BIOS is up to date and Windows is up to date.

I keep the laptop on a table, the vents aren't blocked in any way, there is no dust (the laptop is only 1 month old, as I mentioned).

The problem occurs when the laptop is plugged in, on any power plan: best battery, balanced, or best performance.

I don't know if this has anything to do with overheating, the exterior of the laptop isn't that hot (it has been hotter without going to sleep).

Also, the games run extremely well, there are no frame drops or other problems.

I don't want to 'refrain from playing demanding games' or lower the settings, as the laptop can handle it, as I have mentioned and it is a gaming laptop.

Specs:

- Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3750H (4M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)

- 16 GB RAM DDR4

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB MaxQ Design

- Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Eduard0901

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

Have you tried reinstalling the Game?

Please create a New User Account and try running the Game in that Account

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for answering my question, I really appreciate the effort! As I stated, the problem occurred on different games, so I think reinstalling wouldn't be a solution.

I have run the games that made the problem occur and it all works fine for now. I didn't do anything else in particular.

If the I encounter the problem again, I am sure I'll try the solution and keep you posted.

Thank you very much for your time!

HP Recommended

Thank you

Drop us a message anytime you need help ☺️

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I guess re-installing would help

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing your reply here keep share your queries here
so anyone from the community who has faced the same issue can also find 
the solution from comments below, keep sharing 

while i was playing games , after it keep getting on sleep again and again i decided to shutdown the PC and let him take some rest but after that it keeps on sleep please suggest any solution iMessage PC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.