Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@HB12122, thanks for letting me know.   Makes me feel a little better about likely keeping mine as well.   

Here's one thing that I don't understand when we talk about Optimus.    It's my understanding that if you have a model that supports Optimus, then you have three options you can choose from:   (1)  dGPU-only,   (2) let Optimus decide, and (3) iGPU-only.

So if I had access to the iGPU, I would never use Optimus.  I would either leave it fixed to iGPU-only when I'm trying to get battery life during casual usage, or I would switch it to dGPU-only when I need it.   But I would never let Optimus decide for me.  Does that make any sense?   Am I correct that, with the Lenovo for example, if you never use Optimus and just choose the GPU yourself, you can avoid all of the Optimus related bugs?    

HP Recommended

with optimus you can configure wich programs you want to run with the dGPU and keep the rest to run with the iGPU. for example, you run zbrush and the dGPU activates, and when you close zbrush, the iGPU activates.

HP Recommended

Okay, thanks.  That would be convenient.    I was just browsing and it looks like the Dell G5 gets good battery life using Optimus.  Anyway, thanks for the info.  At some point soon I plan to move past this decision phase and start enjoying my new Omen 15.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.