Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ek1000 (2B1J9AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the power limit of 3070 GPU in Omen 15 (2B1J9AV) ? And is there any ways to increase TGP?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Max power is 238 W  from resuilts of testing software.

There is no way I have ever heard of to increase the TGP. That would be every gamers heart's desire.

TGP is a number engineers derive from testing the GPU.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Ever heard of vbios? Or Hp is limiting the GPU’s power limit to 100w even it is 140w by nvidia’s stock standart. Ok I know the engineering behind the cooling made Hp to limit it to 100w but device can handle more even so power brick. Which you can see omen 16 that came with 3070’s have 115w power limits.

HP Recommended

What is your point?

Of course I know what the Video BIOS is. 

The reality is that unless you make changes on your own to the vBIOS ROM file you will be unable to change the set limits.

That is a choice that you make when you are an enthusiast or not and are using a  factory prebuilt system.

We are not permitted to discuss making any changes to the BIOS in the forum.  That is one of the things you and I agreed to not do when we joined the forum in the Rules of Participation.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.