Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 DC1090TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hai, i,m sorry if any question like this before, but i just bought my Laptop and upgrade it RAM from 8 to 16GB (dual channel) and HDD 2tb, i just realise my idle CPU is about 55-60C, and when browsing is 65-70 (or when open new application not use it yet) is it normal for laptop gaming? i never use laptop gaming

thank you and excuse my english 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi i`m meeting the same issue and found out its hp's fault and the support is not good enough to know the problem which some people in the community has identified and i managed to control my cpu temp to its normal numbers 35-38c.

and the issue is this : 

the genius who made the the laptops made them boost and the strange thing they get over clocked to the double when ever you are using a simple task , and you cant even knows that is exists and with out our approval . 

my laptop went to 4.36GHz speed  and the temp went over 100c!!!!!! upon opening a simple weak-ass game (heroes of the storm) until my sensors went nuts and read the heat (-1) stable :'D

and all the support will tell you to just update your **bleep**. 

the Fix you need 

you can search for a registry file on google that will make you able to close that  feature which is called :

((Processor performance booster mode )) which you should find after installing it under the following path: 

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings\processor power management 

and set that stupid feature to disabled 

that should stop the overclocking and you will use your laptop normally 

hope that helps you out 

Peace upon you.👨‍🔧

PS: you can check all i've said to you by opening task manger \ performance tap \ check the core speed and compare it to the Base Speed and you will understand my point .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@bayusatriow

55-70 C is pretty standard when using the Notebook. As long as the Notebook is not overheating and causing performance issues, there is nothing to worry.

As a precautionary measure, I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

so 55-70 is normal? but its lil bit hot in keyboard event i didn't do anything hardwork

i already check updates there is nothing new

so i think this hot is normal for laptop gaming?

HP Recommended

hi i`m meeting the same issue and found out its hp's fault and the support is not good enough to know the problem which some people in the community has identified and i managed to control my cpu temp to its normal numbers 35-38c.

and the issue is this : 

the genius who made the the laptops made them boost and the strange thing they get over clocked to the double when ever you are using a simple task , and you cant even knows that is exists and with out our approval . 

my laptop went to 4.36GHz speed  and the temp went over 100c!!!!!! upon opening a simple weak-ass game (heroes of the storm) until my sensors went nuts and read the heat (-1) stable :'D

and all the support will tell you to just update your **bleep**. 

the Fix you need 

you can search for a registry file on google that will make you able to close that  feature which is called :

((Processor performance booster mode )) which you should find after installing it under the following path: 

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings\processor power management 

and set that stupid feature to disabled 

that should stop the overclocking and you will use your laptop normally 

hope that helps you out 

Peace upon you.👨‍🔧

PS: you can check all i've said to you by opening task manger \ performance tap \ check the core speed and compare it to the Base Speed and you will understand my point .

HP Recommended

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UNNse75mmBEZtnle_udkyz64zLMgcK1m

unzip it , run it , then follow the steps 

HP Recommended

MY SAVIOR

thank you now my temp 43-45 when idle and when hardwork max 75
thank you so much  god bless u

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.