Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently bought the HP omen 15 - en0003nv (Greek-keyboard model) with 4800h and Rtx2060. The journey so far had a few disappointing pumps. First of all a few days after the Bios Update (downloaded from windows updates) the computer started turning off and restarting even when was idling. This problem lasted two days and when testing using Cinebench and other benchmarks whenever the temperature increased above 90 Degrees the laptop would turn off. Eventually the problem disappeared on its own. It could be some driver update from windows that fixed it or it could be still be there waiting to destroy my day unexpectedly (I do not trust this laptop anymore).

There were few additional problems that still remain:

• HP site for drivers can not be trusted for this model. Automatic detection of my product thinks my laptop is an Intel based one.(  https://support.hp.com/gr-el/drivers/selfservice/omen-15-en0000-laptop-pc-series/32827270/model/3748...
  • Hopping to find a fix for my temperature problem I had downloaded from the HP driver site the OMEN Command Center SDK Package ( https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-15-en0000-laptop-pc-series/32827270 ). This bricked my laptop with constant blue screens. I fixed the problem by Resetting the Windows through startup options. (This is a different problem from the first with the unexpected restart, now the the laptop didn't even start windows, crashed before login)
  • The system even on light task like web browsing is always above 55 Celsius reaching even 70+. This results for the fans to almost never stop which is annoying. Needless to say that the Reset didn't help with the temperatures.
  • When listening with Bluetooth headphones to rock songs suffer from crackling sounds. That does not happen when using a audio jack neither happens on my other devices, while using the same BT headphones (old laptop, smartphone).

I'm pretty disappointed with the experience I'm having. This laptop costs a mini fortune (1649€) and the least someone would expect is a problem free relaxing experience. I really hope you soon update and fix this problematic fun/power management curve and give us additional options through the command center for a Quiet Mode (even if it throttles the performance). Also fix your driver support site, make it less confusing - you already have so many model numbers, at least add options for AMD/Intel systems -  and the automatic product detection at least should provide updates for my system.

P.s. I'm attaching a figure depicting the temperatures while writing this post. Needless to say the fan never stopped.

[content removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ReMi0s

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@ReMi0s Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that 90C is normal on the gaming computer. I recommend you use the Omen command center to change the settings which suit your needs.

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer sir but it is not helpful. I have tested all three modes but none would make my laptop quite, as this was one of the problems I described -  the laptop is never quite even in light tasks (Fan always on is OFF in bios btw).

More over the first problem i mentioned - the unexpected shutdowns - has come back into life. Today my pc and while temperatures where around 60C shut down unexpectedly. From this event and forward the temperatures are always high and if I perform any benchmark to stress test the machine it shutdowns again. You can see the behavior in this video I have just uploaded.
https://youtu.be/Fky5iCfFp3o

I will call the shop I bought the laptop tomorrow to schedule an return/fix. If you have anything to add I'm happy to follow.

P.s. I don't disagree with what you are saying. 90C is acceptable for me too... If the pc is on load or you are gaming. What I don't find acceptable is 65-75C while using word/web browsing. But neither with that I would have problem if my pc never experienced unexpected shutdowns. I think clearly there is something wrong with my unit and i hope to get a replace or fix it if it is possible. 

HP Recommended

@ReMi0s

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

has got an replace by the vendor. The new unit didn't experience any unexpected shutdowns (almost a month now). Thermals are pretty much the same (high temperatures when light browsing) but no problems related to that (just the fan noise). 
I have only some connectivity issues that i will make a new post for this.
Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.