Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, So i want to upgrade my Ram and HDD and i got this specs on my computer:

SPECS:

• System Model OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
  • System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 6GB
  • SSD: NVMe 128GB Toshiba
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda speed: 7200 RPM Type: SATA 1TB
  • RAM (Down) Samsung 4gb DDR4 2666 Mbps
  • RAM (Up) SK-hynix 8gb DDR4 2666 Mbps

I want to put x1 16GB RAM but i dont know what kind can match in my computer. Also i want to change my HDD 1TB into SSD 1TB but i dont know what to put. I've found these to parts and if u can tell me if are they good or matching to my Pc and if u wanna suggest something better i would appreciate this:

1. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08C4VKYFG?tag=techfindsrevi-21&geniuslink=true&th=1
  2. Crucial CT4G4SFS624A 4GB Memory.: Amazon.de: Computer & Accessories
  3. Crucial MX500 1 TB CT1000MX500SSD1-Up to 560 MB/s (3D NAND, SATA, 2.5 Inch, Internal SSD), Black

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tekkis 

Return policy from Crucial is much better.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tekkis 

What is your Hp Omen 15-dc0xxx machine, it is a sister of my HP Omen 15-dc0071tx.

1. RAM: My machine has 2x16GB Samsung RAM:

SamsungR.png

Yours probably has 1 x 16GB. It is much better to use SAME existing RAM for slot 2.  Or you can use compatible RAM from Crucial.

2. HDD: Yes, you can replace 1TB HDD to 1TB or 2TB compatible 2.5" SSD such as Crucial MX500 or Samsung 870 EVO .... for example

https://www.samsung.com/au/memory-storage/sata-ssd/870-evo-1tb-sata-3-2-5-ssd-mz-77e1t0bw/

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

RAM Kingston Kcp426sd8/16 16gb So-dimm Ddr4 2666mhz - Μνημη ram (PER.577388) : e-shop.cy

How about this Kingston Ram instead of Crucial? What would you suggest between the two? 

HP Recommended

@Tekkis 

Return policy from Crucial is much better.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.