Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen 15-dc0111tx

Hi. I've been experiencing some issues which have made me upset with this particular laptop. I need some help to get it fixed or replaced if it seems like a hardware issue and software issue. I almost spent $2k on this laptop and first impressions were terrible cooling but performance wise seems ok.  Also on the website it advertises 1070 and didn't specify it was a 1070 max-q which i later found that 15 inch hp omen laptops with 1070 have a max q design. But the chasis could fit a better cooling solution and a non max-q 1070.  I tried to phone HP Support Australia but was never directed to an agent 😞

Note: Laptop is mostly put into performance mode for gaming, application intensive programs, browsing and watching videos. Bought in late November 2019 (only 4 months yet it only shows I only have 2 months remaining). 

The following are issues I encountered:

bsod different errors:

• stop code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
  • stop code: STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (possibly fixed as i checked that my ssd needed to be repaired software side)
  • stop code: KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_RELEASE

HIGH TEMPS AND USAGE:

• Playing csgo and the cpu usage goes up to 45c-100c as well as the temps ranging from 90c-97c  whilst gaming.
  • all this was shown in the omen command center
  • Hp omen command center also shows 60-80 usage in task manager resource manager when csgo is running
  • on idle or load it likes to ramp up fan and go to 87c and back down to 77c

SIGNATURE FAILED:

• XTU says signature failed or is unable to start. If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Bought in late November 2019 (only 4 months yet it only shows I only have 2 months remaining)
It's going to say that on the computer until you sign in to hp.com and register, you may need to update or re-install the hp software but it will change it to the correct date.

Then head to Settings/Updates and Security and let Windows Update itself.

If that doesn't solve the other errors you can restore Windows to an earlier date or...

You can go the Device Manager and locate System Devices and double click on Intel Management Engines Interface and click the Driver tab then the Update Driver button and click Search Automatically.
It should download and Install a driver to fix the kernel boost error.

Then uninstall XTU and go to Intels website and download the latest version available for the version of Windows you are running.

Then reboot and see if the errors are gone and if your temps are in a better place.

Have you installed any new hardware?

*I am not an HP employee.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Im still getting temps of 90-98 and its making me fustrated because even if i undervolt it through throttlestop it still reaches 90 degrees at 3.4ghz max at  -145.5mv  cpu core and cache. I think im just really unlucky to get the worst batch of i7 8750h. I was hoping to use this laptop long term without high temps. I'd love to repaste with kryonaut it but I dont want to void the warranty  !  A replacement from Hp would be nice.

HP Recommended

Obviously I cant speak to a replacement laptop, for that you may want to create another post or get back on the phone with them.

"90 degrees at 3.4ghz max at  -145.5mv"
Seems high, is this sitting on a desk or in a lap?

What I can say is what I would do if I were in your shoes:

I would set it back to factory specs and remove all the current issues.

For the heat issues:
Get a laptop pad with 5 fans(I own one they are the bomb for reducing temps, no matter where the vents are),
*opolar vent fans also work well with the omen 15 but are probably overkill.

Command Center Usage:
Use command center to confirm temps are good while under load of what you want to play then close it

Maxq:
While you may be feeling like you didn't get all the bang for your buck you have a bomb-arsed laptop that [[as long as you aren't gaming on battery power]] should play any and every thing you want with relative ease.

Anyway, just one guys opinion, hope you get back to gaming soon.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, i have the i7 9750h and max q 2070 and it is the same: high temperatures even with throttle stop.

also the charger is heating up . but i live in a zone where inside it is always 30° celsius so it is more normal to reach hight temps.

I have to buy a 5 fans lapback as mine is only 1 fan and not enoigh to cool the beast. the good thing is that it can do whatever you need, work or game!!! i will also replace the paste when warranty over

take care and stay home!!!

HP Recommended

I too seem to have a similar heating issue on my Omen 15. Also, I am getting a cooling fan message during bootup. 

Specs are i5-7300hq , GTX 1060 MaxQ, and 8 GB ram. 
Is the heating problem occurring with all the HP Omen 15 laptops? 

HP Recommended

i have this same ;(

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.