DeanF2
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp Omen 15 overheating

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1024na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my omen laptop is hitting 97c CPU 99% utilisation max and 91c GPU 86% Max utilisation when max playing games, this happens with in a couple of minutes of gameplay in performance mode for batter and command center. I can put it on best battery life and comfort mode which reduces the CPU to 52% utilisation but 97c still, and GPU 65% utilisation and 88c Max. For comfort mode and best battery life the utilisation was the max and nowhere near the mean utilisation, for the performance mode the max is very close to the mean utilisation. is there anything I can do as both monitored temps are only what I would expect from long gameplay with the system at its max not from a couple of minutes. (To be thorough I tried both settings before and after restarting).

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 472 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DeanF2 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with HP omen laptop overheating.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation