Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 17-cb0591na 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 2070, 1 TB HDD & 512 GB SSD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Got this laptop for Christmas and on day one the sounds has been extremely quiet. I just discovered that it's actually quieter than my phone.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, as well disabling audio enhancements but none of this seems to work. This is not what you expect when you spend close to £2000 on a laptop. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Oni1521 

Please try

(a) Download the following software and save on your computer

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98270.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager > Sound to uninstall Realtek driver, and reboot machine

(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as Administrator,

(d) Reboot machine.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, i have a Omen 17 CB0002na and same as the orginal poster, my audio on this laptop is very quiet compared to my work laptop and iphone, everything is set to 100% volume, i've tried turning audio enhancements on and off, sometimes the right speaker is much quiet than the left, but generally its just very quiet. i tried downloading the file softpac but during installation it says its not compatible with my version of windows, which is Windows 10 64bit. is there a different file or another fix for this?##Thanks

HP Recommended

Add me to this growing list of ppl with defective speakers.. ive searched and asked  and all you hear is about my lastest update..... GET THIS HP .... THIS WAS AN ISSUE BEFORE THAT UPDATE.. YOU HAVE DEFECTIVE SPEAKERS IN THIS LAPTOP... you cant have anything else in your home making noise, to be able to hear from these speakers.. on the highest setting. It would be nice if this issue was addressed at some point.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.