Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 12 (1,596 Views)

Hp Omen Control Not setting macro keys

Product Name: Hp Omen
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When i try to assign a key combination to my "P" keys on my hp omen laptop keyboard it says that the keys are assigned but when i press down on the keys they do not preform the assigned function. This does not change no matter what i assign to the keys. How do i fix this. All my drivers are up to date along with windows and bios updates.

Retired
Message 2 of 12 (1,563 Views)

Re: Hp Omen Control Not setting macro keys

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-to-check-your-messages/t...

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
Teacher
Message 3 of 12 (1,510 Views)

Hi Victor,

Are the "P" keys working correctly when you set them as single key?  i.e. PageUp(Fn+Up), Esc, Del, ...etc.

Just trying to understand if the P key works at all or not.

There might be some macro key limitation, as it might not store "Ctrl+Alt+Del" as a single P key.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
Honor Student
Message 4 of 12 (1,224 Views)

I have exactly the same problem.  The "P" keys are not being bound by the reprograming. They seem to simply be copying the function of the keys directly to thier right on the keyboard.

my model is the Omen 15 5099nr

Top Student
Message 5 of 12 (1,140 Views)

I'm having the exact same problem, it copy the function of the keys directly to thier right on the keyboard.

after upgrade to win10, my keyboard lightning failed to work, then after installed the latest system utility drivers from hp only helps the lightning issue but not the P keys settings.

Top Student
Message 6 of 12 (1,119 Views)

Hi there, I have the same problem. 

The macro keys seems to perform the function of the next key on the right. Weird. Furthermore when I try to assign any combination of keys in the hp software nothing happens. 

Honor Student
Message 7 of 12 (1,078 Views)

Everything mentioned here is exactly whats going on
Student
Message 8 of 12 (1,042 Views)

hi, i have the same problem as you, i want to know if there is a solution for this problem, so please send me a message if you know . thank you

Tutor
Message 9 of 12 (1,027 Views)

Has anyone found a fix to this? Hp told me it was just software after i initially posted this question, 6 months later the "P" keys still do not function. This is unacceptable for a premium laptop especially. I am tired of not being able to use these keys and i am very frustrated that hp has not provided a solution for this issue.

Honor Student
Message 10 of 12 (1,020 Views)

I know right. This macro keys is one of the reason I chose this laptop as well, not being able to use it is a liability, it really is! Had to get used to this keyboard as it is shifted to the right thanks to he macros. Now having a little more typos when using other keyboard already Smiley Sad
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation