Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15 laptop

Hello I have a gaming laptop and I had a question. So now of my kids split milk on the laptop this morning and I was curious if I should try to turn it on to see if it still works or what? I dont think it was too much but it did get under the keys. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

My advice is that any electronic device that has been wet will need to wait a week or so to ensure it is all fully dried before turning it back on. If you try it whilst there's still water in there it will likely short out and ruin the system. 

HP Recommended

Typically those keyboards are sealed and unlikely to have issues. BUT you never know if liquid did manage to find its way underneath via an edge seam or hole somewhere.

I would also recommend not turning it on for a week, unless you're up for the task of tearing it apart and using a hair dryer on it. Even then I would still leave it apart for a couple days after to make sure every spot of water is evaporated. 

I would use some canned air to dry out whats spilled underneath the keys if you have not done so yet. Keep it unplugged and if you can put it somewhere dry and warm like the garage maybe (?), the faster the liquid will evaporate.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.