Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here
Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
I am using hp envy 17 and is working without any issue until yesterday when I turned it on and all I see is
blank black screen.
When I restart in safe mode it works fine.
I have tried power reset and recovery to previous date but all in vain.
I'm running a memory test now, because I don't know what else to do.
@MDEnvy17 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are getting a black screen.
Please perform the below steps and check.
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.
3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer )
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)
6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step
Set BIOS default and restart:
Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test
- Shut down/Turn off the computer
- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off
- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard
- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer
- Please select System Test and then select Quick Test
Please let us know the result.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community