Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alpha16
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Hp gaming pavillon freezes turn off and now the fan cooling system is on, my laptop refuses to start

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought a  HP Pavillion gaming 15, 6 months from now, it worked perfectly for this time. But today while I was coding, the screen freezed and my laptop turned off. I tried to turn it on but nothing happened except the fact that the fan cooling system turned on. It does not stop now. Do you have any idea of how I could solve this system? The keyboard doesn't work, the boot button too.

Thanks you

5 REPLIES 5
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,591 12,375 1,298 4,169
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alpha16   If you will hold down the power button for approximately 5-10 seconds or so, it should shut off.

If not, you may have to open the case and disconnect the battery. But you didn't mention what the model or product number of your laptop is, so I cannot link a manual for you.

You are under warranty also, so you have the option to contact HP Support Services directly. It sounds like you may have to send it in for repairs.  https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/contact/laptops

0 Kudos
Alpha16
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,thank you for answering.

I have talk to HP, they solved the issue this morning, they tried to update my bios but it failed, creating all the problems that followed. Thank you again. 

0 Kudos
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good to hear @Alpha16 

Would you mind sharing what did they do to solve it?

Are they going to repair it or they did something else?

0 Kudos
Alpha16
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, the guy from HP askep me to push the windows button and the B button for something like ten sec, then while I was keeping this two buttons pushed, I pushed the power on button, I kept this configuration for something like ten more seconds and then my screen started and it indicated that the bios could be upgraded, I followed the indication, after something like 20 minutes, it reworks. 

0 Kudos
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ah OK, he had you recover the bios. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. You got very lucky.

Glad to know it works. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation