cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Lincherino
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp omen 15 15F21LA extremly weird visual bugs on new notebook

HP Recommended
Hp omen 15 15F21LA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody

Yesterday my brand new Hp omen 15 (2020) arrived and ever since i turned it on there were weird visual bugs, the display would get distorted, characters were missing, etc. I recorded a few videos with my phone and i got some captures here (and the glitches show which leads me to believe this is a intel graphics card problem), here are 2 quick captures of the type of bugs that i encounter constantly, and as i type this i notice that with every single input the glitches come and go all the time.bug visual.pngmas bugs.png

I updated everything!! Windows, drivers, intel drivers, nvidia drivers, Bios, but the problem persists. I played around with Hp omen center and (between discrete and  hybrid) nothing changed. When i boot and get into the bios menu this issue is not present. But i have tried every single solution that i can find and nothing seems to solve this, very frustrating for a brand new notebook... I have tried with battery connected and unconnected to power, all that i could think of and the issue stays the same. I have to note; in games this issue is non existent, i installed and playen Doom eternal in very high settings and no problem was encountered whatsoever, buttery smooth. But! once i was done with it the visual bugs in windows where even worse. Sometimes weird characters appear, sometimes different windows get distorted, some do some dont, this is very weird and have never faced something like it. Tomorrow i will ask for a change of notebook from the retail store i got it but if i manage to find a solution (since this seem to be a software issue, or maybe the integrated graphics chip came damaged) before then i would be extremly thankful.

1 REPLY 1
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,919 6,917 299 366
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Lincherino, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you purchased a refurbished unit from Amazon and when you opened the box found that the screen pops out. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service related options. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation