Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was on my desktop when my computer crashed and rebooted, only when it rebooted I was able to see the omen logo and loading on the bottom then it stays blackscreened after that

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It always helps us if you post the full model or product number so We know what you have exactly.

Could you try opening in Safe Mode to see if it will work properly?

If so, Try running a Clean Boot, to help eliminate the culprit by trial and error.

1. Press the "Windows + R" key to open a Run box.

2. Type msconfig and click OK.

3. On the General tab, click Selective startup.

4. Clear the Load startup items check box.

5. Click the Services tab.

6. Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).

7. Click Disable all.

8. Click the Startup tab.

9. Click Open Task Manager.

10. On the Startup tab, right-click each enabled startup item and select Disable.

11. Click OK.

12. Click Restart.

After completing your troubleshooting, restore your system by doing the following:

3. On the General tab, select Normal startup.

4. Click the Services tab.

5. Clear the Hide all Microsoft services check box.

6. Click Enable all or only Enable only a few at a time to help find the culprit easier.

7. Click the Startup tab.

8. Click Open Task Manager and enable some of your startup program at a time until you find the culprit.

9. Click OK.

10. Click Restart.

NOTE: Be sure you "Enable all" Microsoft services when you are done troubleshooting, and re-enable all programs in the Startup tab, or will you lose some OS functions (ex. internet connection) and some applications won't get loaded during startup.

-----------------------------------------------------------

IF none of the above works, you may have to reinstall Windows from the HP REcovery partition.

Let me know if you need help with how to do that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It always helps us if you post the full model or product number so We know what you have exactly.

Could you try opening in Safe Mode to see if it will work properly?

If so, Try running a Clean Boot, to help eliminate the culprit by trial and error.

3. On the General tab, click Selective startup.

4. Clear the Load startup items check box.

5. Click the Services tab.

6. Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).

7. Click Disable all.

8. Click the Startup tab.

9. Click Open Task Manager.

10. On the Startup tab, right-click each enabled startup item and select Disable.

11. Click OK.

12. Click Restart.

After completing your troubleshooting, restore your system by doing the following:

3. On the General tab, select Normal startup.

4. Click the Services tab.

5. Clear the Hide all Microsoft services check box.

6. Click Enable all or only Enable only a few at a time to help find the culprit easier.

7. Click the Startup tab.

8. Click Open Task Manager and enable some of your startup program at a time until you find the culprit.

9. Click OK.

10. Click Restart.

NOTE: Be sure you "Enable all" Microsoft services when you are done troubleshooting, and re-enable all programs in the Startup tab, or will you lose some OS functions (ex. internet connection) and some applications won't get loaded during startup.

-----------------------------------------------------------

IF none of the above works, you may have to reinstall Windows from the HP REcovery partition.

Let me know if you need help with how to do that.

HP Recommended

I have the omen 15-dc0088nr. I tried booting into safe mode and it’s just the omen logo on the screen, nothing else happens.

HP Recommended

Hmm, Ill post the instructions on how to get to Safe Mode, just to make sure you were accessing correctly.

If it still doesnt work, then you probably need to do a factory recovery.

Go to this link and scroll down to...

Entering Safe Mode from outside Windows

Theres a video that explains it.

There are two options when you get the Advanced Options window.

Start up settings and Startup repair.

You could also try Startup repair from there and see what happens.

HP Recommended

If you would rather skip the troubleshooting and just reinstall Windows, here are the instructions to perform a full factory reset.

Go to this link...

Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.