Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15 ce031tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
hi, can i know whether hp omen 15 ce031tx in malaysia, which is rm4899, is it contain 1080p with 120hz refresh rate screen inside?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, the thing I have found with HP is that their documentation is not always consistent. One doc will say one thing and another will say something else.

My understanding is that the eDP+NVSR display panel for use with N17E GPU (GTX 1060) is 120hz, the other panel isnt.

But since the specs for the ce030tx show otherwise, I would go with that since that is what HP is advertising.

I will make a note of it.

If you do get the ce030tx and it does not run at 120hz, then do let me know.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Player109, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the Notebook.  On Page 1 of the Guide it shows the 5 choices for the Display Panel: two of the choices are Ultra High Definition (3840x2160) and three are High Definition (1920x1080).  Also, the Guide will provide you with any other information that you need.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello everyone...

I will also add...

that even though the maintenance manual does show the overall parts used in the series, it does not explain the details. The product specifications page only shows a 1080p panel.

With the Omen CE 15 inch series, in order to get a 120Hz display panel, it also has to have a Discrete Graphics card installed with either the GTX 1060 or a Radeon RX 550. It will be either G-Sync or Freesync enabled depending on which card is used.

If it comes with a Hybrid GTX 1050 series, it will only use a standard display panel.

The Hp Omen 15 ce031tx has a GTX 1050, thus it will not be 120Hz.

It should be capable of 4K external output, but that will only be usable on normal usage like browsing and movies but not good for 4k gaming.

Hope it helps.

HP Recommended
How about the hp omen ce030tx? the catalogue i get says is 120hz display....... but hp website does not write 120hz......... it doesnt seems like have any other options....... so is it 60hz or 120hz?
HP Recommended

Well, the thing I have found with HP is that their documentation is not always consistent. One doc will say one thing and another will say something else.

My understanding is that the eDP+NVSR display panel for use with N17E GPU (GTX 1060) is 120hz, the other panel isnt.

But since the specs for the ce030tx show otherwise, I would go with that since that is what HP is advertising.

I will make a note of it.

If you do get the ce030tx and it does not run at 120hz, then do let me know.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.