1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp omen X GPU, green points on screen.

HP Recommended
hp omen x 17-ap000nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

Some  time ago on my HP Omen X I found a problem with graphic in games. Through gaming in some challenging games for a hardware. On my screen pop up a green points for a second and then goes away. In some situation there are more of it and sometimes less. But it's not normal. I have it first time on a computer and I've read some forums which says mostly that GPU is going to die with some time. It's not a first problem with this laptop. First one was with sound. In my headphones have heard strange noises and scratches. Which was also on a laptop speakers if you are near them. I gave it for warranty but nothing changed still the same. I've bought external sound card from creative G6 and it's ok. At the same time I started noticed a strange artefacts on my display over what I've said also to hp warranty support. Nothin changed and nothing was done with that on a extra paid warranty for what I've extra paid. This laptop is working mostly only on weekends because lack of the time and it's very disappointing when you want to relax on your gaming laptop for more than 2000€ and quality of some parts are worser than your cheaper PC or your smartphone. Laptop is still on warranty. But to the point. Can you guys say what It can be? Temp of cpu or GPU is in norm. Ventilation also ok, I've bought special external system for having better air circulation. I gave here some photos and I will try to upload some video. For now it's cheked on RDR2 and new Starwars. 

Screenshot_20200229-213714.jpg

Screenshot_20200229-213948.jpg

https://youtu.be/eXW6Mju6Puc 

1 REPLY 1
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,434 1,723
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @deatricz

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation