Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 15-ce001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, tried searching places and can’t get a solid answer so though I’d ask here. 
I have a omen 15-ce001na and recently upgraded my ram from 8gb to 16gb, my next plan is to upgrade the gfx card and understand I have a gtx1050 and a intergrated intel hd card. Is it possible to upgrade either or both on my laptop? Also my processor is running at 2.5ghz, can I run it faster? Or is it not advisable.

I’d rather upgrade it than spend money on a new machine or build my own as I’m clueless tbh on where to start and it cost me £800 and don’t want to spend big for a while.

many thanks

phil

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Phil:

The graphics adapters are integral parts of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded unless the motherboard is replaced with one listed in your notebook's service manual that may come with better graphics.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06002077

The cost of the motherboard part alone, if you could even find one, would probably cost around what you paid for the notebook.

HP Recommended

thanks for your reply.

Im gutted, truly gutted. Was hoping I could keep upgrading as and when it obviously not. I use it mainly for games so am disappointed. I’ve read about external gpus, would you recommend that instead?

phil

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I recommend you start a new topic on using an external graphics adapter, because I don't know a thing about them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.