• Γ—
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
  • Γ—
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I wonder why my new laptop cpu reach high temperature while streaming like 100 to 102 then drops 95 97 Celsius ? Is that normal ? Ryzen 9 5900hx 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It is still within its temperature operating region.  Max temp is 105 deg C.

As long as it drops down to 95-97 deg C,  I would find that to be a reasonable temp, especially while streaming. 

When the temperature drops down the fans have likely started cooling it down as it has met the BIOS Delt T requirements to lower the processor temperature. 

Are you using the notebook in an air conditioned place or somewhere that the ambient temperature is quite high?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I'm using cooling fan under laptop and fan max 😁 but heat's up like from 70 go to 90 Celsius  in one second or maybe 100 even  then go down i used to use old duel core around 80 and idel 50, this one idle 50 60 70. And never go below 50 and can reach πŸ’― what mean t jmax ? some games are around 101 Celsius without streaming go from 97 celcius but i see it drops the power like it was 40 watt then go to 30 20 drop in performance i feel hp didn't invest in good cooling solution for high end cpus because this cpu can reach 75 watt on good cooling the one i have didn't pass 46 watt πŸ˜‚ , the problem like go from 70 Celsius to 100 in one second πŸ˜„ and after a while the fans still bring cold temperature but the gpu is cold as hell even in like 100%  but cpu like 30% load gonna burn XD weird.

HP Recommended

i changed the thermal paste to another product i have some kind of improvement

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.