Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc404ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do not work the built-in microphone from the laptop,drivers updated,nothing helps.

The microphone from the wired earpiece also does not work,but the Bluetooth earpiece works.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Кirill

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that your experiencing issue with the internal microphone, I appreciate your efforts to try and isolate the issue. 
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Use the Troubleshooting tool

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Click Troubleshooting.

3. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording.

NOTE: Administrator permission is required to run this program. If prompted, type the administrator password or provide confirmation.

Troubleshoot audio recording

4. The Sound troubleshooter opens. Click Next. The troubleshooter begins checking the audio service status.

Select device to troubleshoot

5. Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions and make any changes suggested by the troubleshooter. When done, close the troubleshooter.

7. If the problem persists, continue to the next step.

Next step: Configure the sound settings in Windows

An incorrect setting in Windows could cause microphone issues. Use Windows Sound settings to configure the microphone.

1. Connect the microphone to the computer.

2. In Windows, search for and open Sound.

3. Click the Recording tab in the Sound window.

Recording tab in the Sound window

4. In the list of devices, find the microphone that you want to use.

If the microphone is not listed, use the following steps to show disabled and disconnected devices:

1. Right-click an empty area of the Sound window.

2. Click Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.

Disabled and disconnected devices shown in the Sound window

3. If the microphone is listed as Currently unavailable or Not plugged in, disconnect it, and then reconnect it to the port.

If the device you want to use contains a small circle with an arrow pointing down, the device is disabled. To enable the device, right-click the device name, and then select Enable.

5. Select the microphone you want to use, and then click Set Default to make this device the default audio input device.

Set Default option in the Sound window

6. With the device still selected, click Properties.

7. In the Properties window, click the Levels tab.

Levels tab

8. If the Mute button  is on, click it to unmute. The volume button should display as a blue speaker icon  .

9. Use the slider bar to raise the volume level to at least 75.

10. If Microphone Boost is available, adjust it to +20.0 dB.

11. Click OK to save changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.