Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X 17t-ap000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

Hardware: Omen X 17t-ap000, GTX 1070, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 16 gigs of DDR4, the laptop display is 144Hz, running Windows 10 Home 64bit 

I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently started noticing some stuttering in all of my games after my computer crashed due to a KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE error. I have since located the .dll file and repaired it. I've also updated windows to the latest version and double checked all of my drivers to make sure they are the latest versions. I've run multiple scans of hardware and software and I cannot find an issue. I have tried adjusting V-Sync and G-Sync, which hasn't helped. All of my games are currently located on my secondary drive as my main c: drive is not big enough to hold them all. I have since deleted most of my games to see if reinstalling them would help, it did not.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Greyfox001,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing stuttering issues when playing games.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.

Thank you for reaching out. I've actually already updated the BIOS and the graphics card driver. Everything is up to date, and every scan I run says everything is good. 😞

HP Recommended

@Greyfox001 To resolve the kernel security check failure error (every gamers nightmare) you may want to follow the below steps, as it's a result of a corrupt file:

Check your disk for errors

1. On Windows 10, you can run a disk check using Command Prompt.
  2. Start Command Prompt as administrator and type the chkdsk C: /f command followed by Enter. Replace C with the letter of your hard drive partition.
  3. As a quick reminder, if you do not use the /f parameter, chkdsk displays a message that the file needs to be fixed, but it does not fix any errors. The chkdsk 😧 /f command detects and repairs logical issues affecting your drive.
  4. To repair physical issues, run the /r parameter as well.

command prompt chkdsk

This process can be time-consuming. Depending on the hard drive’s memory, it can go between half an hour and two hours before it is done.

Also, Run a full system scan to detect and remove any virus or malware that potentially sneaked into your PC, and Make sure that you’re running the latest Windows OS updates on your machine. As a quick reminder, Microsoft constantly rolls out Windows updates to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues.

Check if the issue occurs on safe mode: click here to know how to access the same

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Riddle_Decipher

I scanned both the C and D drives with the /f and /r parameters separately. No issues popped up. I then tried playing a few different games afterward only to be met with the same issue. I then tried trouble shooting in safe mode, which ran a thousand times worse. Still no clue what the issue could be. 

HP Recommended

@Greyfox001

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like the windows operating system is not installed correctly due to that computer is not booting into windows desktop. 

The last thing I can suggest trying to restore the computer back to the factory settings. Performing an HP system recovery (Windows ) While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Echo_Lake

The computer boots into the windows desktop just fine. There doesn't seem to be any issue there.

HP Recommended

@Greyfox001

Thank you for posting back. 

Is everything working fine, or would you require any further assistance? 

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake

The issue of my games stuttering still has not been solved, so I do need further assistance.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@Greyfox001

Thank you for posting back.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.