Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-07-2022 09:58 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
(1) Double check with external monitor connected via vga/hdmi cable. Same error pattern on external monitor ?
- Power off notebook (press and hold <power> button until notebook switches off )
- Power off external monitor
- Connect vga/hdmi cable
- Power on external monitor
- Power on notebook
(2) Please report your results
10-11-2022 06:10 AM
In the simplest case the internal display cable behind the screen is no longer seated correctly. It has come loose slightly.
Recommendation and solution
In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.
- [Always recommended] Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges should be renewed
- [Always recommended] The function of the fan(s) must be checked
- The internal display cable that goes from motherboard to screen has to be checked or replaced
- The screen has to checked or replaced
- Short circuit test
- General cleaning ...
HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support for service repair
HP warranty expired:
If you can't do that, you should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community