Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 17-cd0005nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will my warranty get affected, and which types of ssd i can add to my device? Please help me

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @ErenTigli 

No it wont affect your warranty, but the new parts will not be warrantied by HP either. If you break something in the process of installing, you might void your warranty.

Your specs show you already have a 512GB NVMe SSD installed. Are you wanting to swap that out for another larger drive?

It will hold either an M.2 Sata or M.2 NVMe drive. But its pointless to install a Sata M.2 drive as the prices for NVMe are about the same now days.

Your manual page 30... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06367545

You can also add a standard 2.5 inch Sata SSD in the spot reserved for HDD's. You should make sure the bracket and connector are installed first. Sometimes they are left out at the factory and HP does not resell them...

Page 33 of that same manual

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.