cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I want to add an SSD to my device HP Gaming Pavilion - 17-cd0005nt

HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 17-cd0005nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will my warranty get affected, and which types of ssd i can add to my device? Please help me

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,939 11,740 1,233 3,636
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @ErenTigli 

No it wont affect your warranty, but the new parts will not be warrantied by HP either. If you break something in the process of installing, you might void your warranty.

Your specs show you already have a 512GB NVMe SSD installed. Are you wanting to swap that out for another larger drive?

It will hold either an M.2 Sata or M.2 NVMe drive. But its pointless to install a Sata M.2 drive as the prices for NVMe are about the same now days.

Your manual page 30... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06367545

You can also add a standard 2.5 inch Sata SSD in the spot reserved for HDD's. You should make sure the bracket and connector are installed first. Sometimes they are left out at the factory and HP does not resell them...

Page 33 of that same manual

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation