Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-06-2020 09:23 AM
I was charging my Hp Omen and downloading an update for windows when suddenly out of know where it shut down. It wont charge or turn on. I'm getting power from the charger when I test it with a multimeter but when I plug it into the laptop it loses power. If I unplug the plug from the charging block and plug it back in I have power again. Any help with this would be much appreciated.
09-08-2020 05:05 PM
@Nightraven45 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that while charging the laptop suddenly it shut down.
What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..).
Please perform the below steps and check.
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.
3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer )
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)
6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step
Set BIOS default and restart:
- Restart your notebook.
- During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
- Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Press F10 to save changes and exit.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- The computer restarts using the default settings.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
09-09-2020 12:43 PM
I understand your concerns.
In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.
Or you can contact the local service center for repair.
Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.
1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2)Select the product type.
3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
4)Select the country from the drop-down.
5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.
We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue.
Have a nice day!!