Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
ProBook 430
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

my pc was charging and it randomly turned of with no warning. since then I can only use it when it's plugged I. If I try start it when it's not plugged  it last about 5 minutes and turns off again. there were times where I would get a blue screen that said power state failure or something similar. please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Robert129

A bad battery that has reached its end of life can do this.

Which Probook 430 do you have?

If the battery is removeable, does the laptop work fine with only being plugged in - no battery?

HP Recommended

Hello. my pc is a pro book 430 g3. If j take the battery out it works perfectly 

HP Recommended

Then your battery is dead and causing issues when it plugged in.

It wont hurt anything to run the laptop on the power cord only, until you can find another battery replacement.

Or if you decide not to replace the battery, either way.

The battery will have a product number on it for searching a replacement with.

HP Recommended

thank you! 🙂

HP Recommended

You're welcome. Let us know if you have other questions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.