Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Starting off with this - maximum frequency of my i7 7700HQ in system is listed at 2.80Ghz. When I change power plan maximum CPU usage to 100% - an actual maximum of 3.80Ghz freq can hit. Changing maximum to 99% or less - then percents are calculated like 2.80 was 100%. When frequency is at 99%, 2.7GHz, temperature hits at 90-92 celsium. If I set 100% maximum, frequency is a bit below 3.8Ghz, 97 celsium in games, but also throttling occurs. I just wondered if it is okay or not, and what should I do to increase cooling? Also is it ok for 1060 6gb max-q to hit 91 celsium?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@username69,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is thermal throttling.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

Press ‘Win + I’ shortcut keys to open Windows Settings app.

Click on ‘Update & Security’, then go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section from the left-side menu.

Scroll downwards a bit and click on the ‘Power’ option.

Click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’. It will start detecting the problems and if it founds, go ahead fixing it.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.