Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dc0084TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this laptop a week ago. The machine was running fine , in game such as dota 2 it was giving me 100-120 fps but after 4days the fps were locked upto 40 only. I tried everything I could do but nothing worked for me so then I decided to reset this machine. I used reset without erasing my file option. After reset fps were still locked but I got another new problem which my right click of touch pad goes into busy mode for a long time after one click on home screen. But in that time I can use the touchpad, I can use the right click anywhere but  not on home screen. I am very disappointed from this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @ArpitJoshi1 

You got something really strange going on. I would have no idea why the right click button is acting like you say.

As far as resetting with keeping files, Ive found that method to be useless. If you have a corrupted file system or possibly malware, you need to wipe the drive and start over. You can use the HP Factory Reset to do this.Go to HP Help and Support from the Start menu and choose HP Recovery Manager. Save what ever personal data to an external first.

After Windows reinstalls, run Windows updates fully until there are no more updates before you start reinstalling any games.

Before you do that, I would suggest you run the UEFI Diagnostics just to make sure there isnt any hardware issues.

I would run the Extensive test for everything which would include the hard drive, motherboard and video card.

F2 at startup will access the diagnostics. Navigate to Extensive Test and make sure to have the power cord plugged in. It will take a few hours to run.

HP Recommended

Hey thanks for the reply. I have deleted some file and now the right click is working for me but I don't know that whether those file are important or not.

I have deleted some key from

regedit >> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Directory/Background/shellex/ContentMenuHandlers

I have deleted all the keys except Filesysncex , new, sharing, workfolders .

If you know anything about that than let me know. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

I still recommend a full recovery. Hopefully you backed up the registry before deleted a bunch of keys.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.