Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15 au620tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community,
I have purchased this new laptop(Pavillion 15 au620tx) for budget gaming purpose, But im getting very low fps in some games like Watch dogs 2, Gta v, Ghost recon wild lands, and many more.

The minimum requirements are fullfilled still the fps count does not increasing more than 25 in watch dogs 2, whereas one of my friends have the same laptop and watch dogs 2 is running at 35+ fps and gta v at 50+ fps.

I have tried Following settings-

1. I have set high performance in power settings.
  2. High performance in Nvidia control panel.
  3. Switched to Nvidia Geforce as default GPU and Physx.
  4. Also uninstalled backgound running softwares like Antivirus 😛
  5. Plugged in charger while playing.

And one more thing i have noticed that games take a long time to install. Im very dissapointed guys.

Let me know if im missing any setting or it is a hardware problem.

I will be very thankfull if you solve my problem  🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ghanshyam98, welcome to the forum.

The only other suggestion that I have is to update the drivers for the graphics card.  This may give you some help.  The fact that your friend is getting better performance is a bit curious.  I reviewed the system requirements for Ghost recon wild lands and it appears that your computer is at the lowest requirements.  All of these games are very grahics intensive.  All components have to be running perfectly to work properly.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Ghanshyam98, welcome to the forum.

The only other suggestion that I have is to update the drivers for the graphics card.  This may give you some help.  The fact that your friend is getting better performance is a bit curious.  I reviewed the system requirements for Ghost recon wild lands and it appears that your computer is at the lowest requirements.  All of these games are very grahics intensive.  All components have to be running perfectly to work properly.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended
Thanx @old_geekster for the reply. I have updated my drivers and it looks fine, Watch dogs 2 is giving 32-34 fps, at medium settings, but the installation still takes time, but i don't think that's an issue cause im installing from repacks 😛
HP Recommended
Hi There!
I have same notebook with the same problem.
I have latest graphics driver but still can't play NFS Most wanted and many other games.
I have tried all the settings which are mentioned here.
HP Recommended

@jasmin32, welcome to the forum.

It would be better if you started your own thread.  It will give you be support.

HP Recommended
Sure, I have posted already as a particular thread but i didn't get satisfactory answer so i replied with intention that i could get satisfactory answer..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.