Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming 15-cx0020nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just purchased a Hp Pavilion gaming 15 with  an i58300h and 1050ti . After doing some research I've discovered that this laptop tends to run hotter than I would like and that the fans arent very strong. What is the latest available bios update and does it provide any options that allow the fan to be sped up?

Also i intend to purchase an additional 4gb stick of ram to bring my total sytem memory to 12gb. I'm aware that the ram module inside the laptop is an 8gb ddr4 2666mhz sodimm , however i've been advised to ensure that the timing of the additional stick is the same as the same as the one that ships with the device. As such i'd appreciate any information you can provide on that aswell as on the brand of the original ram module

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nanchon21, welcome to the forum.

Here is the only BIOS update that is available for the laptop:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-cx0000-laptop-pc/20...

Here is what it fixes:  Fixes an issue where the keyboard is set to the incorrect keyboard type in certain regions.

Also, here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  You can speak to their Tech Support to assure that their memory is compatible with the existing memory.

You can install CPU-Z to check the brand of memory that came with the laptop.  It will tell this information in the Tab titled "SPD":

Capture.PNG

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nanchon21, welcome to the forum.

Here is the only BIOS update that is available for the laptop:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-cx0000-laptop-pc/20...

Here is what it fixes:  Fixes an issue where the keyboard is set to the incorrect keyboard type in certain regions.

Also, here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  You can speak to their Tech Support to assure that their memory is compatible with the existing memory.

You can install CPU-Z to check the brand of memory that came with the laptop.  It will tell this information in the Tab titled "SPD":

Capture.PNG

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks , i really appreciate the info and the quick reply :ThumbUp:

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Nanchon21.

I added a photo of my computer's memory on CPU-Z.  It will give you an idea of what it provides.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.