05-19-2020 04:32 PM
My integrated Camera and mic don't work. After searching the Device Administrator I find them as "not connected".
I think re-installing old drivers might work, but I don't know how old they should be. Maybe something to do with windows update?
I'm kinda lost at the moment on how to solve this without having to open the computer and see if it's actually connected or not.
Thanks in advance!
05-29-2020 01:32 PM
@SebaSN Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that Integrated Camera-Mic not working.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...
HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also ensure Windows is up to date
Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
06-06-2020 08:07 AM
I understand your concerns.
Right, click or hold tap on the Volume Control icon.
Left click or tap on the “Recording Devices” feature from the menu that pops up.
Right-click on an open space in the “Recording” box and left-click or tap on the “Show Disabled devices” feature.
Right-click again in the “Recording” box and check the “Show disconnected devices” feature as well.
Now in the Recording menu, you will have more icons like External Microphone, Internal Microphone Array, and Stereo Mix. You will need to right click on them and left click on the “Enable” option for each one.
Right-click on the ” Internal Microphone Array” icon and set it to default for the “playback” feature and also set it as a default communication device.
Left click or tap on the “Apply” button in order for the changes to take effect.
Note: If after choosing the Apply button the system stops responding you will have to close the window and try again only this time set the playback feature as default then save your changes and only afterward set it as default communication device.
Right, click or hold tap on “Internal Microphone Array”.
Left click or tap on the “Properties” feature.
Left click or tap on the “Effects” feature.
Check the box next to the “Disable System Effects” feature.
Left click or tap on the “Apply” button again.
Right-click or hold tap on the “Volume Control” icon and left-click or tap on the “Playback Devices” feature.
Right-click on the “Speakers” icon and set it as “default device” and also “Default Communication device” for the system.
Left click on the “Apply” button after you are done.
Re-enable the microphone
Go to Settings > Privacy
Head over to the Microphone section
Now, just toggle Let apps use my microphone
Also, Run Built-in Recoding Audio Troubleshooter
* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter
* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Recording Audio” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works.
* Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Apply repair automatically”. Also, ensure to select Run as administrator.
* Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
Refer this article to further troubleshoot microphone issues with your PC.
Turning on Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone -> Allow apps to access your microphone did the work
Have a nice day!!