Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fb0000 (598V2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everybody,

I bought this laptop with a Ryzen 5 5600H CPU and an AMD Radeon RX 6500M GPU, and every time I play a 3D game with it, I get 1 or 2 seconds very strong lags every 10 seconds, making games unplayable.

I've looked everywhere, updated all drivers to their latest versions, updated the BIOS to a version that was supposed to fix this problem, but it's still there.

Is anyone experiencing this to? Has anyone been able to fix it?

Martin

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Martouel

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that your notebook is freezing while playing games, I am glad to assist you.

• Update the graphics card driver:- Click here
  • Increase the amount of RAM - by increasing the shared memory under system properties > Advanced > Performance settings > Advanced > Change Virtual memory > use the recommended file size for paging. 
  • Make sure the graphics card is not in power saving mode - If you are after maximum performance of you Intel HD Graphics, make sure you have turned off all of its power saving features. That is why in order to achieve maximum performance you have to make sure that your Windows power plan is not on Power Saver, you can use the Balanced or the High Performance power plan. You can also click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon (it should be near the clock in the taskbar), select Graphics Properties, then click the Power tab and select Maximum Performance. 
     Please, note that although this tip will certainly improve your Intel HD Graphics' performance it will also increase the power it draws, as well as the heat it generates under heavy load (which is the case for games). Caution is advised, especially if you are on a laptop that experiences temperature problems. 
  • Set the 3D preference of Intel HD Graphics to "Performance" - This trick will help you improve the frame rate in games. To apply it click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon, select Graphics Properties, then click the 3D tab and move the slider to Performance. In this way, you sacrifice a bit of image quality for improved 3D performance, which should lead to a few more frames per second (FPS) 

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm sorry but you are not adressing the correct laptop, those are not my CPU or GPU and everything is up to date.

Please read the message again.

Martin

HP Recommended

@Martouel 

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue, I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Edit: nevermind, problem is back and worse than ever...

HP Recommended

Alright, reset the laptop back to factory settings, did not work, framerate drops are as bad as before.

HP is not responding, ATI is not responding, both's support are only available at work hours.

I'm left with an unsellable, unrepairable, heavy gaming laptop that I can not use game on.

I can not state how disappointed I am.

Never buying HP or ATI product again.

HP Recommended

Just got my laptop back from HP repair, they said they replaced the SSD.

They said they did not test after replacement because my laptop was password protected, it wasn't.

Also, how can a laptop with a new drive be password protected?!

Anyway, problem is worse than ever, I still have to take time off during my work hours to be able to talk to HP support.

I have never had such a bad experience with a laptop company.

HP Recommended

Hello i read the thread, did you tried disabling cpu turbo boost? ik it soounds wierd but try once and see if it does the thing or undervolting the cpu 

HP Recommended

Hello everybody, 

Just a final update on this issue, my laptop was repaired by the shop that sold it to me in France, NOT BY HP. 

HP support did not help, HP repair did not help

The motherboard had to be replaced.

I am very disappointed in HP for lack of quality control and support, this is the last HP computer I will every buy.

Support was only available during work hours so I had to take time off from work to get help.

I had to contact them on three different chats to get one answer.

The case number was not consistent between support agents and made communication difficult.

Repair changed the hard drive but did not test (using the excuse of password protection, on a new hardrive with a new OS....)

Laptop was not sent back in original box which it was sent in

Support on forum was delayed and often about a different problem (even completely different laptops)

Problem was never repaired

HP Recommended

Just to summarize again everything that happened:

Here is the list of everything that happenend:

• I asked for help on this page, answers were never helping and sometimes about another laptop entirely
  • I tried to get help from HP support, but it is not available during the week end or outside of work hours, so I had to use personnal days to get to someone.
  • Answers on chat support is difficult, I had to open three different chats on facebook and whatsapp to answer in a timely manner.
  • Everything was tried software wise: unstalling latest drivers from HP, installing latest drivers from AMD, uninstalling and reinstalling everything, factory reset of the computer, nothing worked
  • Finally, after another personal from work, HP accepted that my laptop had to be sent to repair. Case number was inconsistent and changed a few times without my knowledge during the process.
  • Laptop was sent with original box and was not return in it after repair.
  • Repair changed the hard drive without testing because they were "confident" it would work. The reason for not testing was that the laptop was password protected. To be clear, the system hard drive was changed, the laptop was not protected by a password anymore, this was not a valid reason for not testing.
  • Laptop was returned but framerate drops still happened.
  • I brought my laptop to the shop that sold it, everything went fluently, they changed the motherboard and finally the framerate drops disappeard.
  • One month later, the framerate drops are back.

My laptop is still under warranty. However you should understand that with support that is very difficult to reach, repair that doesn't test or solve the problem, and community that never answers, this is not really a warranty, only false advertisement.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.