Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi ,

I am planning to buy HP Omen X laptop( Model Number in USA : OMEN X by HP - 17-ap051nr ) from USA. 

Omen X are also being sold by HP India under the models (OMEN X by HP - 17-ap046tx  and 
OMEN X by HP - 17-ap045tx ) , my question is will the HP international warranty apply if i use the laptop in India ?

I have read the below statement : 

HP Global Warranty covers HP products at the level of standard warranty offered in the country in which it is used. For example, a product purchased in country "A" and moved to country "B" receives the current warranty coverage provided by country "B" (if that product is marketed or supported in country B).

Since the product is being marketed and sold in India , so i should be able to use my warranty in India. Am i right?

Need some confirmation here.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is correct.   No warranty coverage in India.

I agree with you 100% that it makes no sense because basically the hardware is exactly the same no matter where the model is sold.

However, I have read many posts from forum members that did what you want to do, and the warranty is not honored.

So, I am only going on what I have read on the forum based on previous reports.

Basically the international warranty is only good for business class PC's, which do not have specific sub-model numbers.

In other words, a HP Elitebook 850 G5 sold in the USA would be covered by the international warranty, as the 850 G5 is also sold in India.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, it will not.

The exact same model has to be marketed and supported in India.

The 17-ap051nr is not marketed and supported in India.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

So basically i would be using the laptop under no warranty in India ?

It's weird because if it's international warranty , it should actually be international. Given the same product is being sold in two countries just under different models which are 99% of the times different in every country.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is correct.   No warranty coverage in India.

I agree with you 100% that it makes no sense because basically the hardware is exactly the same no matter where the model is sold.

However, I have read many posts from forum members that did what you want to do, and the warranty is not honored.

So, I am only going on what I have read on the forum based on previous reports.

Basically the international warranty is only good for business class PC's, which do not have specific sub-model numbers.

In other words, a HP Elitebook 850 G5 sold in the USA would be covered by the international warranty, as the 850 G5 is also sold in India.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.