Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-ce198wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm going to buy this laptop. It comes with a 256GB SSD. Is it enough for gaming? I might just put all games over 50gb on the HDD. Does the HP Omen use a SATA SSD or a PCIe SSD? Also, can someone send me a video of where the SSD is and how to remove it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TheGreenYoutube, welcome to the forum.

@TheGreenYoutube wrote:

I'm going to buy this laptopGood choice!

It comes with a 256GB SSD. Is it enough for gaming?  I prefer 512 GB, but if you don't install a lot of other apps the 256 GB should be fine.

I might just put all games over 50gb on the HDD.  Possible solution, but it will slow down the performance.

Does the HP Omen use a SATA SSD or a PCIe SSD?  (GNRC SSD256GB 2280 M2 PCIe3x4SS NVMeTLCPRT)  This information is taken from HP Partsurfer.

Also, can someone send me a video of where the SSD is and how to remove it?  Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the laptop.  In Chapter 5, Removal and replacement procedures for Customer Self-Repair parts, Page 33, is a photo of the M.2 SSD and instructions for removing it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TheGreenYoutube, welcome to the forum.

@TheGreenYoutube wrote:

I'm going to buy this laptopGood choice!

It comes with a 256GB SSD. Is it enough for gaming?  I prefer 512 GB, but if you don't install a lot of other apps the 256 GB should be fine.

I might just put all games over 50gb on the HDD.  Possible solution, but it will slow down the performance.

Does the HP Omen use a SATA SSD or a PCIe SSD?  (GNRC SSD256GB 2280 M2 PCIe3x4SS NVMeTLCPRT)  This information is taken from HP Partsurfer.

Also, can someone send me a video of where the SSD is and how to remove it?  Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the laptop.  In Chapter 5, Removal and replacement procedures for Customer Self-Repair parts, Page 33, is a photo of the M.2 SSD and instructions for removing it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Possible solution, but it will slow down the performance. I'm pretty sure it will only slow down by 30% but I will follow your advice thank you

HP Recommended

If your games are loaded onto the secondary HDD, only the loading times will slow down. The actual performance of the game itself will not be any different that if installed to SSD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.