Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP, I am the user of a HP Pavillion 15 laptop. I do realize a slightly change in term of gaming performance during power plugged in and battery mode. I do realize that under battery mode it seems like I'm losing FPS and gaming peformance does not really satisfaction . Is that normal? consider I had already made changes on power management  setting to "high performance' even in battery mode and on Nvidia graphic control  as well. It still does not work as its best on plugged-in mode.  How would that be possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Im not a HP tech but i can say this is very normal. Your laptop needs that extra power source to run the hardware. My laptop does the same thing. I would just leave it plugged in while gaming 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Im not a HP tech but i can say this is very normal. Your laptop needs that extra power source to run the hardware. My laptop does the same thing. I would just leave it plugged in while gaming 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

Hello @deedatads

Yes this is normal. Even though you can bump up the settings to High Performance in both the power options and Nvidia Control Panel, it will still not be the same full 100% performance you get from being plugged in.

Pretty much all laptops work this way on purpose to save resources and prevent battery heat that can kill a battery sooner.

And as @SixtyfpsGaming pointed out, it is best when possible to simply stay plugged in when gaming. This will also improve your batteries end of life cycle as it is not having to charge/discharge as much.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.