Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook X360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My current notebook is a HP EliteBook X360 1030 G2, the Processor type is an Intel® Core™ i5-7200U with Intel HD Graphics 520., the RAM is 8GB. My question is will my laptop be compatible with the GIGABYTE Gaming Box RX 580 8G Graphic Card eGPU, will it boost my performance heavily, or will my laptop's performance stay the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Daxter1811

This question must be asked directly to Gigabyte. Anyway, the gaming box requires  Thunderbolt™ 3 plug and play :

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-RX580IXEB-8GD#kf

And your machine has

1 USB Type-C™ with Thunderbolt™;
2 USB 3.1 (1 charging);
1 HDMI 1.4;
1 external micro SIM;
1 AC power connector;
1 headphone/microphone combo (base)

The specs does not say what is the version/generation of the Thunderbolt port but It is compatible with HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 Dock therefore logically it should have  Thunderbolt 3 specs..

In short: the chance is 50/50.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Daxter1811

This question must be asked directly to Gigabyte. Anyway, the gaming box requires  Thunderbolt™ 3 plug and play :

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-RX580IXEB-8GD#kf

And your machine has

1 USB Type-C™ with Thunderbolt™;
2 USB 3.1 (1 charging);
1 HDMI 1.4;
1 external micro SIM;
1 AC power connector;
1 headphone/microphone combo (base)

The specs does not say what is the version/generation of the Thunderbolt port but It is compatible with HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 Dock therefore logically it should have  Thunderbolt 3 specs..

In short: the chance is 50/50.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.