Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15-CX0031TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I am considering buying the HP Pavilion Gaming 15-CX0031TX laptop (with the GTX 1050 GPU) for using at school and also some gaming and I have a ton of questions before I buy. Is this a good laptop, what is the battery life like, how noisy is it, does it overheat/thermal throttle. Also would you consider this a future proof laptop because I will need it for my last 3 years of high school and also 4-5 years at university. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SamuelRH

I know there will be millions questions from your side. Please allow me to answer few:

1. Yes, it is a good machine but you ALWAYS find a better one after leaving the shop. Please look at your budget and requirements and make decision. Please also note: you will ALWAYS get better laptops tomorrow. Can you wait ? No, I don't think so.
  2. Battery life: how long is a piece of a string, it depends on HOW do you use it.
  3. It depenses how your ears feel.
  4. No, that's right, no future proof laptops. Vendors (including HP) release new laptops every second week. You can see your laptop becomes out of date (with luck) in 18 months to 2 years MAX.

Hope my answers make sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.