Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15T

I am looking at buying an omen 15t but I'm concerned about the color scheme. Ik I'm the minority in the gaming scene but I simply do not like red so I was looking to switch to the white version. Does this affect the whole laptop or just the keyboard? Ie, would all the accents that were otherwise red be white?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, took me a while to figure that one out.

You are looking at this one... Product number: 7LG50AV_1

If you scroll through the photos on that page, the White Legend (4-zone RGB keyboard) does not have the red accents on the keys, base or lid like previous models had.

15t lid.JPG

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@webwingrecords 

It always helps to post the full model or product number of what ever PC you are asking about. I assume the Omen in question is on the HP Store website? 15t can be several models.

The latest models keyboard naming scheme is Red Dragon and White Legend.

The White Legend does not have red accents on the sides of the keys because it uses a 4 zone RBG LED light setup.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Idk what model it is. I already knew the keyboard wouldn't have red accents but does that apply to the rest of it? Like the back of the lid, etc?

HP Recommended

Depends on the model.

IF you have a link to the website you are looking at, the image should show you, or you can post it here for me to see.

Earlier models have red trim accents, some later models don't.

HP Recommended

https://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&catEntryId=30744573...

That's the hyperlink for the site I was actually looking at and I've attached a screen cap of the spec list I customized out.

Annotation 2020-04-09 101802.png

HP Recommended

OK, took me a while to figure that one out.

You are looking at this one... Product number: 7LG50AV_1

If you scroll through the photos on that page, the White Legend (4-zone RGB keyboard) does not have the red accents on the keys, base or lid like previous models had.

15t lid.JPG

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

That actually answers my question exactly! Thank you so much! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.