Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-Ec1032ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm afraid, my notebook is too hot. 

Processor is around 40-50°C while idle (fans switch on and off all the time). When I run a game, it avereges around 75-80°C with spikes at 95°C.

When I was updating BIOS, fans were spinning very fast in case of emergency. They weren't as fast during the gameplay. Is there any option to make fans spin faster? I noticed, there is an option Fan Always On in BIOS. I've enabled it, but it still drops to low speed. Fans won't stop spinning now, so the CPU hits as low as 35°C while idle, but it stil hits high temperatures ingame.

I've tried installing HP Cool Sense, but don't see any effect from that. I've also installed OMEN Command Center, but there is no fan controll as well, just temperature sensors.

Notebook is new, just out of the box, I don't think it's worth cleaning (neither hardware nor software), performance is switched to balanced, there is enough space for coolers to take air in and out.

What is a working temperature for my device, should I even be worried about such values?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@mawile 

Just giving heat sensors to control fan is a good way to avoid warranty headache but users/customers demand more control therefore I believe HP is working on this.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@mawile   we really need more info to answer you more directly.

What games are you running and at what settings?

What is the product number of your Omen laptop?

• Press Control/Alt/S for the information menu in window
    Or
  • Go to the Start menu and scroll to H/HP Help and Support/HP Support Assistant.
    Open the program and click on your computer in the list.
HP Recommended

Hi! My model is Pavilion 15-ec1032ur. It was added to tags, when I made a post. ProdID is 1N3L2EA#ACB. Control/Alt/S doesn't seem to do anything.

I tried Vampyr on default settings, it seems to be at Ultra.

I also played Hammerwatch, on default settings (800*600, VSync disabled) it was around 55-60°C most of the time.

HP Recommended

OK sorry I didn't notice the tag.

Curious how you came to upgrade the bios (I assume) to F.08?  Was it suggested in the HP Support Assistant or automatically updated via Windows updates?

The 15-ec0xxx series has a serious flaw with bios F.08. It is making temps higher yes, but also causing random shut downs.

There is no way to fix or reverse this until HP comes out with a bios update to fix what is broken. Everyone with your series has the same experience at the moment. Im sorry.

The system event utility... It might have glitched or its not installed.

Type Programs in the Windows Start Search bar and hit the enter key. Look for the HP System Event Utility and uninstall it if its there.

Then go to this link to install it... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-system-event-utility/9p4w8rfn9m2t?rtc=1&activetab=pivot%3Aoverv...

If a window pops up asking you to sign in to Microsoft, X out of it. The download will start anyway.

HP Recommended

I have 15-ec1xxx series. Not sure if that differs though. I've updated BIOS to F.10 Rev.A.

I've decided to update BIOS since it "Provides support for Windows 10 v2004" before actually installing Windows.

And no, I don't have HP System Event Utility. Do I really need it?

HP Recommended

Apologies, apparently I cannot decipher what Im reading properly today so Im going to drop out.

If you don't have the event utility, then you must have reinstalled Windows? I only put it up if you want to install it.

If your temps rose due to a bios update, all you can do is attempt to roll it back. it will work or it wont.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

You cannot control fan speed directly on an HP. I dont think HP will make a change in this anytime soon. If they do, it will most likely be on a future model only.
good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.