Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0011nw 8BS92EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a top tier gaming laptop today because I need the computing power - not for the entertainment. Installed all (ALL) recommended and optional software + drivers from the pre-installed HP assistant only to discover that it can't cooperate properly with my IIyiama popular monitor .  The gamma is insanely high, the contrasts overdriven (and NO you can't use color management in this case - I'm a pro in the computing  displays & colours) What can be the reason? 

UPDATE: Intel UK discovered that I have all chip[set drivers and memory drivers very outdated (I bought the computer and installed ALL HP updates TODAY) and I need to re-patch/update/reinstall the OEM whole system. How about that?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@vWooWv 

You have a right to your opinions and you may voice them on our volunteer staffed Community as long as you adhere to the

HP Support Community: Rules of Participation

Thank your for understanding.

That said,

• I have submitted a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Please know that our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @vWooWv

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.